* Brad Fitzpatrick:

> In light of the CEO of Reddit admitting to editing user comments (see
> dozen news stories today), I propose we delete the /r/golang subreddit.
>
> That is so beyond unethical and immature,

Was it immature because they didn't make any money out of it, at least
not directly?  Modifying user-generated content without informed
consent is standard business practice.  You must be aware of that.
(Many people who read this will see totally misleading ads next to
this post, for instance, and I obviously never agreed to that.)

It was a bad prank for sure.  But it was just a prank.