Generics is polymorphism, though; actually, it's a kind of polymorphism
called parametric polymorphism. It's program behavior that doesn't depend
on the types of the data it uses. It's useful for algorithms for types that
contain variable types. There are numerous slice, map, and chan utility
functions, for example, which aren't possible for users to make in Go.