On Sunday, 26 March 2017 15:30:30 UTC+3, Mandolyte wrote:

> @Bakul - is your approach documented in Egon's collection? I think it is
> essentially the same as Egon's at
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/golang-nuts/JThDpFJftCY/1MqzfeBjvT4J
>
> Perhaps your syntax is cleaner, simpler. I also like this general
> approach. In Egon's document, this approach has nearly no downsides.

Depending what do you want to use generics for, there are significant
downsides. Mainly, you cannot create chained general purpose functions...
e.g. LINQ, Rx... *in the summary document see problems "functional code"
and "language extensions".*

You could argue that using such approaches is not good for Go... but this
wouldn't invalidate that this generics approach doesn't solve these
problems nicely.

You are always making trade-offs.

*Personally, I think it makes trade-offs that are suitable to Go... but I
understand why people would disagree with it.*