For that tool, which is not the subject of this thread, the maintainers are
willing to pay the price of inclusion in the toolchain.

As I stated in my original reply,I would hope we don't have to pay the same
price for the debugger.

I don't understand why anyone thinks that inclusion in the toolchain, as
the toolchain is today is a good idea. The toolchain/standard library is
where all things stop evolving any any significant speed and stop being
able to break compatibil in favor of stability. If we'd have a 3 months
release cycle then this might be a different story.

However it's ultimately not up to me to decide but I believe that the more
things we have outside of the toolchain / standard library, the better.