I've had multiple occasions where I've needed to train someone to be a
programmer from scratch in a Go environment.

Trouble I've found is while the go texts are simple and straightforward,
relatively speaking, they often written by someone who sought a better life
in go, fleeing Java/C/C++. They will routinely reference these other
languages in examples, touting the benefits of go is comparison to the old
language. Much like reading GOF design patterns without a background in
smalltalk, it is hard for new developers to pick up when they don't know
other languages first. Commonly they cut it back and learn JS first.

Assuming they eventually picked up the language they now need to learn how
to be a software engineer and write code that doesn't suck. Especially
present with those who just learned how to program using JS. And what I've
seen on the subject often expects a knowledge of another language.

Are there tracks of knowledge to take someone from 0 to understanding
baseline knowledge?

And from there through taking them to a professional grade standard?

Best,
James