Author of the Master Go course here. I am exited to see my course being
recommended in this group, thank you Kevin!

I am positively surprised to see that you consider the course suitable for
learning programming from scratch. The course was designed for people who
already know another language, to keep its size manageable. The course
definitely does not teach basic programming concepts. However, the course
does not require deep programming expertise either. One of my students, a
newcomer to programming, took an online CS introduction course (CS50x from
Harvard University via edx.org) before taking the Master Go course, and
recommends this combination. Which makes me think the course could indeed
be suited for a certain group of beginners who are willing to fill the gaps
through other means.

So to anyone who reads these lines and seeks to learn Go with no or very
little prior knowledge about programming:

I would suggest looking at the curriculum (it's on the landing page
<https://appliedgo.com/p/mastergo>) and viewing the lectures that are open
for preview before you buy. If the content you read and see there seems too
unfamiliar, too advanced, or if the lectures seem to fast-paced, don't
buy.  You can also ping me at any time, I am happy to answer any question
about the course. (Find the email address in the FAQ on the landing page.)
The last thing I want to do is to sell you a course that is not for you.

Best,
Christoph