On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 11:52 AM, Chris Hopkins <cbehopk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, so having played with this. It seems that this is going to take some
> judicious use of reflect if I'm to stand any chance of maintaining a
> flexible API, which I really hoped to avoid.

I'm 99% sure that you don't have to use reflect at all. You only have to
swap elements around, that's kind of what sort.Interface was made for. It
already comes with implementations for slices of common datatypes and you
can make a function that works on arbitrary slices with less than ten lines
of reflect code.

Like, I *really* don't understand your problem.