They haven’t seemed necessary in small application development. I'll
monitor for real-world examples.

There's a few repositories for Go design patterns:

https://github.com/tmrts/go-patterns
https://github.com/monochromegane/go_design_pattern
https://github.com/yksz/go-design-patterns

But they don't have real-world examples.

Matt