I'm looking forward to see this in official releases too!

Also I would like to:

- Have a mechanism for safe dependency packages (as in Safe-Tcl
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tcl#Safe-Tcl> - this implies it would be
possible to have meta-data other than versions for packages, too).
- This one looks like a minor change in import syntax and might bring in
some security concerns: being able to use env-vars in imports: import
"$MY_OTHER_PKG".
- I love managing major versions in git by having different branches for
major versions because it makes patching fixes much more logical and
cleaner. It would be great to be able to perform go get based on branch
name too - the concept is common in major source controls of today.