> I'm not sure if "in English" really describes Go. Languages like Ruby
> purport to offer English-like syntax (see "Beautiful Code: Leading
> Programmers Explain How They Think") through metaprogramming tricks. On the
> other hand, Go strives for simplicity and, in my opinion, clarity -- even
> at the cost of verbosity in some cases. Whereas Ruby "reads like an essay",
> code written in Go "does what it says."

Well there’s the capitalization for export rule, the keywords and built-in
identifiers are English, and all toolchain comments and API are in English.
There's discussion about a transliteration tool and translation strategy
here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/golang-dev/BJXwjd3VEfM

Thanks for the discount code.

Matt