I may have been pushing my own agenda more than what the Go project is
actually about with this:

Perhaps something like “Go is designed for programming modern computers and
> computer systems in English” would be more accurate?

This 2012 talk does indicate that Go is about Google-style network
application programming: https://talks.golang.org/2012/splash.article

Matt