As Andre noted, I don't think you have provided sufficient information.

I'd go further: *Stop*,  Determine what you (and your developer) need to
know.

Decide what you want, and write a specification. If you have to ask
"specification for what", make a list what you don't know.  Does the
specification need to be long?  No, but it has to define your problem(s)
and solution(s).

You can do the specification writing or the contractor can -- but if you
have questions after reading it, get them written down and answered in the
specification. You are just asking for trouble to ask a remote developer
(across town or across the sea) to write a complex application backend if
you don't understand what you asking for.

-ahd-