I’m curious if some companies juggle the GPL. I guess if the app is used
internally only then there’s no problem with accidentally requiring a
proprietary program to be released as source code to the world. I’d have
thought the case would be the same with the AGPL. Do people count as
individuals in a corporate license with the ability to freely redistribute?

I can understand completely avoiding the issue. Language is interpretable
and only a court or whatever would decide what was really agreed to. The
FSF seems to put a lot of work into building up their licenses with legal
precedence.

Matt