> Eliminating code duplication shrinks the base of code that must be changed

Except go was designed a certain way that will make whatever you are
attempting to do here burdensome. We've all been there at first trying to
fit a square into a round hole, it doesn't work. Unless you start ignoring
Go type system with interface {} everywhere, you're not going to go far
trying to emulate method overloading in Go. The price of using Go is
absolutely code duplication and a certain amount of verbosity in order to
remain type safe. The only real way to achieve method polymorphism in go is
to use interfaces, since Go supports neither inheritance nor generic
programming. Go does not allow developers to write "clever" code without
sacrificing readability or compile time type safety.