I have a question regarding file locations for go on Ubuntu.  I just installed Ubuntu 18.04 and installed go 1.10.1 thru the package manager.  That puts the go system in /usr/bin.

The instructions on the golang site when installing an updated version of go, like version 1.10.2, says to install in /usr/local so the to system ends up in /usr/local/go/bin.

If I wanted to install an updated go, like v 1.11 when it comes out, how do I handle the fact that apt put the current go files in /usr/bin?

Thx

--rob