On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 3:32 PM, Ankit Gupta <ankit.gu...@redbus.com> wrote:

> Updating Go is simply a matter of removing old Go installation directory
> and replace it with new one. For your particular use case -

A better solution (in my opinion) is to decompress the new Go tarball to a
new location (preferably in your $HOME directory) and update the GOROOT in
your .bashrc (or whatever your shell RC) is.

This allows you to switch back easily if something goes wrong, or keep
multiple versions available at any time so you can try compiling against
different variables just by changing an environment variable. In addition,
in the unlikely event that there are multiple accounts using Go on that
computer, you changing it won't effect any other users.