On 09/05/18 11:30 AM, jwint...@pivotal.io wrote:

    We're innocent victims (;-)) and need to decide if we're
    supporting the spec or the customers.  Right now we're supporting
    the spec.

I mean you've already decided to support a specific list of customers who don't adhere to the spec. So you're kind of already supporting both. Why not just make it easier?

I read the existence of a list as a warning to people who attempt to follow the spec that they will needed a workaround for a particular group.  If we were supporting the "won't do" customers, we would presumably have changed our defaults instead.

--dave

dav...@spamcop.net           |                      -- Mark Twain