If you want to learn GO, the easiest and best way to start is with
https://play.golang.org/ You write your code using any browser, run the
code on a remote server, you can see the results, you can share your code
simply by sharing a link. There are all sorts of documentation online.

If you want to create a very simple GO package of your own, you can create
a GitHub repo, use the GitHub editor, type your short package and if you
have made no errors, it is ready to go. No tools are required.

If you actually want to create an application, for a school project, or for
fun, or for business. Then you will likely need to create a development
environment, either on your own laptop or desktop or as a docker file
defined in a GitHub repo. This is where life gets complicated, GO is
supported on many platforms and with many IDEs and with a variety options
to meet a variety of needs.

I have written GO using

   - A variety of OS
      - Win10
      - Linux
         - Ubuntu Bash on Win10
         - Ubuntu
            - Ubuntu on Docker
         - Debian
         - Slackware
      - A variety of IDEs that have different levels of GO support. I would
   recommentd that you use your favorite IDE or if you are a new programmer,
   use you mentor's favorite IDE, if you do not have a mentor, you should find
   one that can help you with your tool chain and assist with code reviews.
   - VIM - it is where I started
      - EMACS - is the best if you have a really great memory
      - Sublime 3 - my old favorite
      - JetBrains - very impressive
      - Visual Studio - nice if you are are doing mssql on the same project
      - LiteIde - my favorite
      - Brackets - nice when doing server side programming of GO templates
      - Notepad+ - it works

If you are developing GO on Windows, you can probably use the default
installation instructions, there is no need to set a GO path.

If you are going to write an app for money, for a business, or create a
public domain package or app for popular use, you will likely need to
define a GOPATH for the project, vendor imported packages, maintain
appropriate legal notices, license, attributions, disclaimer, and use your
GitHub commit description to document your development process in the event
a journal of your activity is needed in court to prove that were not
negligent.

If you are working in a team environment, providing a docker file with the
dev environment, including sample data and sql server or other required
services will save an enormous amount of time and allow dev online using a
chrome book or small note book or any OS without each programmer having to
setup the environment and tool chain for the project.