Hi All,

I went through documentation and many post. Every where it is specified
*strings
are immutable*.

I have some string :

x := "teststring"

I want to *wipe out/overwrite* the content of this string x from
disk/memory.

As per me the simplest way to do this:

x = ""

or If I want to overwrite it with some new content, I can do this: [*Here
length of new string is equal to length of old string*]

x = "new1string"

As I am overwriting the content with new content, Is it *inplace
replacement* [same memory is being updated] or a new copy will be created
with new content and old content will be there in the memory ?