You are only overwriting the pointer to the string (a string is essentially a
pointer and a length).  If you want to use memory and then zero it out, use a
byte slice instead and be careful to not call append where append might
allocate new memory.  Take a look at https://play.golang.org/p/GkrKRSvkoRJ.

    -Paul

On Aug 28, 2018, at 11:45 AM, Jay Sharma