And while we’re at it, take a closer look at the hash package
https://golang.org/pkg/hash/#Hash

Especially the example and the doc surrounding it.

Why doesn’t Hash “extend” the binary marshall interfaces? Why the need to cast
if the documentation says it does?

There are a lot of low hanging fruit that should be corrected in Go 2 that
should be easily agreed upon.