I can see why you're feeling that. My sense is that what causes flare-ups
is when people (universally rather than just here) get the feeling that the
discussion is becoming personal rather than technical. Go is lots of
people's work / tool / job / fun / etc., so passions may be strong, but
I've never seen any tendency to be angry and protective about people
raising issues with poor choices. What does come up is the desire for
examples, use-cases, and other kinds of supporting information so that the
conversation moves from "i feel that" ==> "in these situations" ==> "a
workable resolution" ==> ... ==> "X seems the best way forward after much
analysis." That made go great so far, and the conversations generally
collegial.

*Michael T. jonesmichael.jo...@gmail.com <michael.jo...@gmail.com>*