On Thu, 20 Dec 2018 19:58:15 +0100
Peter Kleiweg <pklei...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> I don't need make. A simple script will do.
> Or rather, it should. I can install the packages,
> but I can't import them because Go is too limited
> to remember the necessary environment settings.

You said you use a wrapper script around go tool.
Then you already have a place where you can fiddle at will.
There you may have "the necessary environment settings".

> I don't need make
You need a build tool. Any one, be it an ad-hoc bash script
or gradle with its insane configs. Or a Mage [1].

Today, go picks binary packages only for you and for very few
others (see [2]) at the expense of valuable go dev-team time.

>>> [ Peter Kleiweg wrote at 12/20/2018 17:01:55 CET ]
>>> the package developers are not on our payroll.
>>> They do not cater for our odd requirements.

[1] https://github.com/magefile/mage
[2] https://github.com/golang/go/issues/28152

hope this helps,

--