Quoting Andy Balholm (2019-01-03 18:34:35)
>    It's at [1]https://github.com/rsc/c2go. It might be a good starting
>    place, but there is one significant difference in approach from what
>    Eric is proposing. Russ incorporated all of the manual cleanup into the
>    tool (or config files) as special cases, rather than leaving it as
>    manual cleanup.

Right, the thing that made the project tractable at all was that it was
purpose-built for the Go compiler, not intended to be a general purpose
tool. As such, it only had to deal with C as used in the Go compiler,
not all of C.

This approach would also likely be tractable for a specific C++
codebase, but I think a general purpose tool is a lost cause.

-Ian