* Dave Cohen <davecohe...@gmail.com> [190419 10:25]:
> I'm working on code that signs a message with an ed25519 key.
>
> I expected that when signing the same message over and over, I'd get a
> different signature each time.
>
> But I find when I run the test (below) more than once, I get the same
> signature bytes each time.  Here's sample (identical) output from two
> consecutive tests:

>From Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EdDSA):

    Like other discrete-log-based signature schemes, EdDSA uses a secret
    value called a nonce unique to each signature. In the signature
    schemes DSA and ECDSA, this nonce is traditionally generated
    randomly for each signature....  In contrast, EdDSA chooses the
    nonce deterministically as the hash of the private key and the
    message.

I've snipped quite a bit; you should read the link.  From this I would
expect the signature to be the same each time for a given message.

...Marvin