FYI I recently posted a proposal for some unambiguous syntax which would
give a lot of the value of ternary operators i.e. write the 5 line if-else
block in the FAQ as a 1-liner, without the drawbacks, while IMO preserving
the simplicity of the go language in approachability, readability and
orthogonality.

Please review http://golang.org/issue/31659 and share your thoughts.