On Sun, Jun 30, 2019 at 5:23 PM robert engels <reng...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> I am going to disagree here. I don’t think ‘checked exceptions’ exhibit this
> behavior. Addressing the points from the Joeal  article,

Checked exceptions address some of the difficulties with exceptions.
However, they introduce new difficulties, and I do not believe they
work in large-scale programs.  In practice, checked exceptions
degenerate into unchecked exceptions.  Changing the set of exceptions
that a function throws forces all callers to adjust their set of
exceptions.  In practice this is so painful that programs catch
exceptions and turn into them into unchecked exceptions.  There are a
number of discussions on the Interwebs about the problems with checked
exceptions; here's one: https://www.artima.com/intv/handcuffs.html .

I note that you didn't reply to my comment about passing errors across
goroutines.

Ian