Did you ever read below the title, or just seen the heading and immediately
start this teachings of emotional posts in your emotional write-up? Some
ppl see more, e.g. they can see what is the destination after first step
made. It's not the fist time ever, when someone trying to "improve" the
language by better error handling or bloody generics.

 > But instead of bringing constructive arguments to improve the proposal,
many comments are about killing the proposal, "leave if != err alone", and
change nothing. These comments summon the "community", but I'm afraid it's
not the kind of community I want to be in.