On Sunday, 23 June 2019 20:09:48 UTC+2, Aliaksandr Valialkin wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 8:34 PM Jason E. Aten <j.e...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> very nice.
>>
>> https://github.com/klauspost/compress  just added zstd all in Go, might
>> be a lovely way to remove the CGO dependency.
>>

> I'm keeping eye on it! Currently cgo version of zstd has slightly better
> performance comparing to pure Go version - see
> https://github.com/klauspost/compress/tree/master/zstd#performance

Actually, that is only the Datadog cgo package and only for specific write
sizes. It ties your cgo package for levels 1 & 3 (the only ones currently
implemented) for streaming performance.

Either way, having it as an option for CGO_ENABLED=0 builds using the 'cgo'
build tag, would probably make compiling/packaging it easier for a lot of
people.

/Klaus