Liam,

I just wrote a little stress test program for you. Maybe it will make you
less stressed. ;-)
https://play.golang.org/p/5_7Geyczd1V

4 CPU 2016 MacBook Pro:

*celeste:atom mtj$ go run main.go*
*32 concurrent workers*
*128 batches of 1048576 atomic increments, 134217728 total increments*
*2.850 seconds elapsed, 47088064 atomic increments/sec*
*0 collisions*

18 CPU 2019 iMacPro:

*plum:atom mtj$ go run main.go*
*32 concurrent workers*
*128 batches of 1048576 atomic increments, 134217728 total increments*
*2.730 seconds elapsed, 49167382 atomic increments/sec*
*0 collisions*

Exhaustive demonstration is no proof, but changing the parameters here may
increase your comfort.

Michael

--

*Michael T. jonesmichael.jo...@gmail.com <michael.jo...@gmail.com>*