On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 10:27:35 PM UTC-8, pentel...@gmail.com wrote:

> IMHO, golang didn't make a dent on key areas to become a language of
> choice like big data (analytics, complex event processing, etc.) and
> consequently, hot topics like artificial intelligence. Exactly areas where
> python excels today.

At least when it comes to analytics, ML, AI, there are various languages at
play in this space. Python isn't replacing "R" either. I don't think we
should expect that it would either. One of Python's intended strengths for
AI / ML / analytics involves REPL, which is specifically not a targeted
feature of Go. On the other hand, when it comes to situations like the
execution of AI / ML models in performance critical environments, I have
heard / read of anecdotal evidence of teams opting for Go.

The question isn't whether Go making an impact for a specific area, it is
whether it is making an impact where it is appropriate. For that, from what
I see, the answer is overwhelmingly *yes*.

Eric.