I think Go is way better than Rust, but it is amusing to see why people pick
one over another.

"Remarkably, we had only put very basic thought into optimization as the Rust
version was written. Even with just basic optimization, Rust was able to
outperform the hyper hand-tuned Go version. This is a huge testament to how
easy it is to write efficient programs with Rust compared to the deep dive we
had to do with Go."

https://blog.discordapp.com/why-discord-is-switching-from-go-to-rust-a190bbca2b1f