Does it freeze if you use GODEBUG=noasyncpreempt=1 ?
-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Kleiweg
Sent: Feb 27, 2020 11:59 AM
To: golang-nuts
Subject: Re: [go-nuts] Re: Lot's of test errors in package zmq4 with Go version 1.14, no errors with earlier versions

Op donderdag 27 februari 2020 18:50:56 UTC+1 schreef Ian Lance Taylor:
On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 9:41 AM Robert Engels <ren...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> I re-read your comments, and I agree that a rare error is still and error, and needs to be handled, but if it the platform is introducing lots of errors, is that the library writers issue?
>
> Maybe an easy solution is a flag to disable the signal usage for tight-loop preemption as a "backwards compatibility" mode ?
>
> As the OP pointed out, he can't really change ZeroMQ, and this is a fairly established product, maybe more so than Go, so doesn't it make more sense that Go adapts rather than the other way around?

We already have that flag: GODEBUG=noasyncpreempt=1.

The discussion upthread explains that the Go wrapper for ZeroMQ should
handle EINTR, and take the appropriate action such as retrying the
operation when appropriate.  The response to that was a bit of
distraction, as it discussed generic problems with EINTR.  At this
point there is no reason to assume that any of those problems actually
apply to using ZeroMQ.

Yes, a lot is said about handling EINTR.

Nothing is said about the code just freezing. How to handle that?