On Wednesday, 8 April 2020 18:17:36 UTC+2, Tanmay Das wrote:

> Is this behavior expected? If it is, why did the go authors make such a
> decision? I mean making the internet connectivity a dependency for the
> execution of a program sounds counter-productive to me, honestly. :(

Well, go run does not just execute a program. It compiles
the program und executes the compiled binary. The execution
part doesn't need any internet connectivity, but the compilation
step _might_ need one of some dependencies are not available.
This is one of the many problems with go run.

But note that this is the case for each and every language:
You cannot run Java, C#, Rust, FORTRAN, R, whatnot code
if dependencies are missing and not retrievable.

V.