On Thursday, 9 April 2020 06:15:22 UTC+1, Tanmay Das wrote:

> I also forgot to mention one thing. I was able to build the program using
> go build. Even the executable was there. It just didn't run until I
> connected to internet.

When you say "it just didn't run", do you mean with "go run ...", or
directly running the executable that you just built?

If running the already-built executable hung, then I can only guess that
Apple are using a central service to check the fingerprints of executables
that haven't been seen before.  It would be interesting to run tcpdump at
the same time, to see if it's trying to do DNS lookups for some Apple
server.

I also remember there are settings where you can send Apple information
about which applications you run (e.g. Preferences > Security & Privacy >
Privacy > Analytics > Share Mac Analytics).  But I'd be surprised if it did
that *before* the application started.