Hi,

 assuming GO111MODULE=on.
I don't want to publish anything, anywhere.

Beside the main package, I want to put functionality into other new
packages as well.
Could somebody share the workflow to do _only_ that?
Where can I read about the correct incantations?

To organize the source files on
https://golang.org/ref/mod#go-mod-vendor this is not enough
information for me:
"The go mod vendor command constructs a directory named vendor in the
main module's root directory that contains copies of all packages
needed to support builds and tests of packages in the main module. "

How, does the "go mod vendor" command construct the vendor directory?
Where does it copy the files from?
How is the copy instructed (what to copy, what not to copy)?

thanks!