On Mon Apr 12, 2021 at 10:23 AM -03, Xiangdong Ji wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run "go vet -vettool=$(which fieldalignment) ./..." for a
> large project, and wish to turn its '-fix' option on, wondering how to
> pass
> that option?

Hi Xiangdong, I found that surprising that even docs didn't mention
this anywhere, I also got confused by how go vet -vettool works but I
think I understood after reading the source code, after a -vettool is
specified, all flags that are not build flags should be sent to the
vettool, apparently those old tools like fieldalignemnt are broken
with the new "vet command line protocol" mentioned in the source code,
even some flags for those tools is broken, it's clear to me that
there's a bug going on here. Please also consider that possible that I
just think I understood the problem. :)

BR.

--wagner