On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 6:35 PM Manlio Perillo <manlio.peri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> One possible solution is to have a GOENV file in the root directory of a
> repository.
Thanks Manlio. Is that something that is possible now, or a feature
suggestion? From what I can tell it's not possible now.

What is possible already, now that I think about it, is for us to ask
our contributors to run 'go env -w GOFLAGS=-mod=mod'. It's not
something I would recommend in general because by the time you run
into a problem because of that global value, you typically have
forgotten you put it there.

I think my ideal solution would be more specific to vendoring; for
example a sort of pragma in vendor/modules.txt that tells the
toolchain to act as if there is no vendoring after all. But I don't
know the topic well enough to understand the implications of that.

Jacob