Could you explain a bit more about what you're comparing?

- Is the wasm version running in a browser? If so, which one? Or have you
got a way to run wasm directly on the host (in which case, what is it)?
- How is the linux/amd64 version running, if it's not talking to a DOM-type
environment?  If the native version is still using syscall/js, then how is
it doing so?  Or is the native version in a different repo?
- By "the parent emulator project" do you just mean web2600 itself?