To follow up on this I should clarify what my questions are:

1) How much of a performance drop (when compared to AMD64 for example)
should I expect when compiling to the WASM target?

2) Is there anything obvious I can do to counter any performance drops?

And I suppose this is a non-Go question, but:

3) I know nothing about WASM beyond the bare minimum. How can I profile and
understand the compiled WASM binary? Is it possible to use the pprof tool
in some way?