On Tue, 15 Mar 2022 at 04:58, Rob Muhlestein <r...@rwx.gg> wrote:

> The essential issue is that there are a number of resources for people
> "with prior programming experience" and literally none for people learning
> Go as a first language.

It does have significant omissions (all programs in the book can execute in
the Go Playground), but Get Programming With Go
<https://www.manning.com/books/get-programming-with-go> is definitely
oriented towards first-time programmers. I tried a newbie programmer friend
on it recently who seemed to find it very clear.

Disclaimer: I'm a co-author of the above book.

  cheers,
    rog.