It doesn't replace the default "go" binary, but creates a new versioned one
in the usual go-install path (~/go/bin, which a lot of folks add to their
PATH). So you have to type "go1.19beta1" instead of "go":

$ which go1.19beta1
/home/duke/go/bin/go1.19beta1
$ go1.19beta1 version
go version go1.19beta1 linux/amd64