Googles own language on Googles own cloud lags behind several version,  I
don't understand this :-(

Microsoft seems to be more eager to keep things up to date:
.NET 7 comes to Azure Functions & Visual Studio 2022 - .NET Blog
(microsoft.com)
<https://devblogs.microsoft.com/dotnet/dotnet-7-comes-to-azure-functions/>