Hi,

I think App Engine is not getting as much development efforts as Cloud Run
does.
I foresee it the same fate as Legacy Networks versus VPC.

That said, it looks like they were unconfortable with this situation as
they released Go 1.18 and 1.19 (NB: not 1.17) a few days ago:
https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/go/release-notes#December_07_2022

Cheers,
--
Olivier Favre