On Wednesday, November 23, 2022 at 6:31:51 PM UTC-5 se...xxxx wrote:

> output of `go env` please

I am using WSL (bash under Windows 11)

Shell env:
 env
HOSTTYPE=x86_64
LESSCLOSE=/usr/bin/lesspipe %s %s
LANG=C.UTF-8
WSL_DISTRO_NAME=Ubuntu
USER=pfarrell
PWD=/home/pfarrell/whome/sandbox/gows/treesort
HOME=/home/pfarrell
_=/usr/bin/env
pfarrell@Alien15:~/whome/sandbox/gows/treesort$

treesort$ go env
treesort$ go env
set GO111MODULE=
set GOARCH=amd64
set GOBIN=
set GOCACHE=C:\Users\pfarrell\AppData\Local\go-build
set GOENV=C:\Users\pfarrell\AppData\Roaming\go\env
set GOEXE=.exe
set GOEXPERIMENT=
set GOFLAGS=
set GOHOSTARCH=amd64
set GOHOSTOS=windows
set GOINSECURE=
set GOMODCACHE=C:\Users\pfarrell\go\pkg\mod
set GONOPROXY=
set GONOSUMDB=
set GOOS=windows
set GOPATH=C:\Users\pfarrell\go
set GOPRIVATE=
set GOPROXY=https://proxy.golang.org,direct
set GOROOT=C:\Program Files\Go
set GOSUMDB=sum.golang.org
set GOTMPDIR=
set GOTOOLDIR=C:\Program Files\Go\pkg\tool\windows_amd64
set GOVCS=
set GOVERSION=go1.19.2
set GCCGO=gccgo
set GOAMD64=v1
set AR=ar
set CC=gcc
set CXX=g++
set CGO_ENABLED=1
set GOMOD=C:\Users\pfarrell\sandbox\gows\treesort\go.mod
set GOWORK=
set CGO_CFLAGS=-g -O2
set CGO_CPPFLAGS=
set CGO_CXXFLAGS=-g -O2
set CGO_FFLAGS=-g -O2
set CGO_LDFLAGS=-g -O2
set PKG_CONFIG=pkg-config
set GOGCCFLAGS=-m64 -mthreads -fno-caret-diagnostics -Qunused-arguments
-Wl,--no-gc-sections -fmessage-length=0
-fdebug-prefix-map=C:\Users\pfarrell\AppData\Local\Temp\go-build2617285960=/tmp/go-build

-gno-record-gcc-switches
pfarrell@Alien15:~/whome/sandbox/gows/treesort$

[its unclear how the "GOPATH" was set, as it is not set in the shell env.]

Please note, the current pwd is
$ pwd
/home/pfarrell/whome/sandbox/gows/treesort

There is no such directory as the error message is reporting:
" (C:\Program Files\Go\src\treesort)"

There is a file, where the go installation process put a bunch of source
files, so there is
" (C:\Program Files\Go\src)"

/mnt/c/Program Files/Go/src$ ls
Make.dist       bufio          cmd        debug     go      internal   mime
      reflect   strconv   time
README.vendor   buildall.bash  cmp.bash   embed     go.mod  io         net
       regexp    strings   unicode
all.bash        builtin        compress   encoding  go.sum  log        os
      run.bash  sync      unsafe
all.bat         bytes          container  errors    hash    make.bash  path
      run.bat   syscall   vendor
all.rc          clean.bash     context    expvar    html    make.bat
plugin     run.rc    testdata
archive         clean.bat      crypto     flag      image   make.rc
 race.bash  runtime   testing
bootstrap.bash  clean.rc       database   fmt       index   math
race.bat   sort      text

For all of the above I am using WSL (bash under Windows 11)
Just for fun, I tried Windows Power Shell (which I never use)

'C:\Program Files\go\bin\go.exe' test .
# github.com/pfarrell51/gows/treesort
treesort_test.go:11:2: package treesort is not in GOROOT (C:\Program
Files\go\src\treesort)
FAIL    github.com/pfarrell51/gows/treesort [setup failed]
FAIL

Thanks
Pat