Maybe I should apologize for the origin of this idea:
https://github.com/go101/go101/wiki/How-to-perfectly-clone-a-slice%3F

When I posted that wiki article, I was not aware of this (maybe tiny)
drawback.

My current opinion is that it is best to let the Go runtime specialize
zero-capacity slicing:
https://github.com/golang/go/issues/68488#issuecomment-2267179883