Jasper wrote:
> you know, I wish you'd do one of these on the choose golf. Probably a
> very straightforward solution, but at the time I was very annoyed that
> I couldn't get those extra characters.. codegolf appears to be down
> now so I can't even be reminded how far off I was.

If it makes you feel any better, I was similarly very annoyed during
that game. codegolf.com has been down for over a week (maybe forever?)
so I can't even check if I'm ahead of you or not. :)
IIRC we're tied two or three strokes from the lead. The google cached
page only shows the top ten and you and I are both missing. I notice
that a couple of likely lads (terjek and tybalt89, aka Rick Klement)
both effortlessly found the "obvious" 35 stroke solution though ...
so if they are listening, you might be in luck.

BTW, Rick Klement is the fastest golfer in the west; in the grid
computing challenge, Rick got the lead at 45 within hours but got
complacent. After two weeks of effort I finally caught him on 45,
but then made the fatal mistake of posting a 44 before thoroughly
analysing it. Within an hour or so, I realised I'd missed an easy
43, but too late. Posting that 44 must have provoked Rick; in any
case, he responded to my 44 with a 43 within _minutes_. I was just
about to triumphantly post the "winning" 43 when I noticed, to my
horror, that Rick had beaten me to the punch! Reminded me of the
good old days, just for a little while. :)

/-\