I have the exact same issue, this is the very first time I try to use
the app engine, went through the guestbook example under eclipse on a
mac, I just cut and paste all the example code, also no GWT,
deployment appears to work, the Galileo log is identical to the one
Simon is listing, but the resulting URL listed in the console seems to
be broke (http error 404), is that it takes a while to activate the
very first time?

http://alaindemour.appspot.com/