Toby Reyelts wrote:
[...]
> 5000 ms is excessive for container startup. You say this happens before
> your code starts to run, but the warnings you're seeing from
> FinalizableReferenceQueue come from a dependency on our datastore API,
> which you can clearly see in your stacktrace. Some questions for you:
>
> 1) Are you absolutely sure you're not running app code which is causing
> this delay? Try hitting just an empty servlet or filter.

My servlet init method consists of:

void init()
{
   super.init()
   log("message")

...and the delay is happening before the message tracing appears. The
FinalizableReferenceQueue messages appear later --- they take several
hundred milliseconds to be emitted, but that's nothing compared to the
startup delay. I can safely ignore these messages, right?

> 2) Can you reproduce this latency consistently?
> 3) What is your appid?

It does appear to be consistent (although it's tedious to reproduce,
since I have to wait for the servlet to be shut down --- is there a way
to make this happen manually?). My app id is stellation2; there's a good
example today for /stellation2/greet at 09-09 03:58AM 09.451.

│
│ "They laughed at Newton. They laughed at Einstein. Of course, they
│ also laughed at Bozo the Clown." --- Carl Sagan