Shawn, the docs link you site is riddled with numbers (easy to get
lost in them and what they truely mean)...which is why I included a
simplest of scenarios above, that being to simply add a home
addressbook entry attached to a User.  Surely someone has a sizeable
production system today in GAE that could share load results and real
costs.  If noone does, then that is also very troubling.

Gaurav, I assume too that reading is NOT the problem and by this post
am hoping to get real-world numbers to a simple update transaction.
But, we need production app feedback from the most popular apps out
there.  Is there such a list for Java for GAE yet?  Surely, there are
large production apps by now?